Tourism is developing rapidly in Northern Ireland and increasing synergies between this growing market and the craft industry are providing new and attractive opportunities for visitors, designer-makers and service providers.
Research shows that more people are looking for authentic experiences and want to engage with local communities and cultural activity. The craft industry provides a base for creative and cultural tourism development which has been recognised by tourism agencies, local authorities and cultural sector organisations.
Craft NI believes that there is a significant opportunity for the craft sector to develop products and services that are attractive to both local, regional and international tourists. We work closely with partners such as NI Tourist Board, Tourism Ireland and local government to develop this relationship as well as through programmes such as August Craft Month.
- Tourism Northern Ireland
- Loads of Great Craft Locations
- NI Makers in the News in June
- PfG - Creative Industries Support
- Promote your craft business with new Discover Northern Ireland initiative
- Spinning Yarns Festival 2019
- Nigel Cheney - The Shepard's Daughter Exhibition
- Art On The Rails
- Armagh Craft Fair 2019
- Hey Clay! Potter's Wheel Experience at Unique Art Shop, Ulster University
- Wood Construction Workshop at the Leitrim Sculpture Centre
- Ballyclare May Fair
- South Down Craft Collective Easter Market
- August Craft Month 2018
- Designerie Discovered Pop Up shop - JanMary Designs
- Creative Peninsula
- Spring Fling 2018
- Armagh Craft Fair 2018
- Crafts in the Courtyard - An Creagán